Cart: 0 items
The Self Pep Talk
The Self Pep Talk
Pep talks are given by your coach before a big game or match to boost morale and enthusiasm. A great pep talk leaves you feeling pumped up and ready to go. Well, what if you don’t have a coach or teammates to help drive you? How can you keep your confidence high? Here’s a list of ten ways you can keep yourself motivated with a self pep talk:
1. You can do it! Walk to the bathroom, take a good look in the mirror, and say to yourself, “I can do it.” Look yourself in the eye and truly mean it. Say it aloud. Don’t just think it. You must believe in yourself and have faith in your abilities if you intend to succeed.
2. You “gotta want it.” It’s not just a figure of speech. It’s a frame of mind. ”The Black Widow” Jeanette Lee always uses the word “hungry” when describing her fierce competitive nature and drive to win. Without genuine hunger and desire, you’re simply going through the motions.
3. Do your best. Always give 100% and if ever you can question whether or not you gave it your best, you probably could’ve given more. When you give all of yourself into what you’re doing, you feel satisfied and many times the results will reflect your effort.
4. Never give up. Fight, fight, fight. No matter what the score is. Stay strong and never concede a game or match. You never know when you’ll get another chance.
5. Breathe and relax. Even though it’s important to keep fighting, it’s just as important to stay calm and relaxed while in your chair. The only thing you can control is yourself. When your opponent is at the table, don’t waste your energy focusing on your mistakes. Stay relaxed and be ready for your opportunity.
6. Focus on the process, not the outcome. It’s never about the outcome. The outcome is what it is and is beyond our control. Focus on the things that you can control: the plan, the delivery, the execution.
7. Find inspiration. Inspiration comes in all forms. Your new cue, your son or daughter, your teammates can all bring new light and inspire you to love the game again.
8. Visualize the desired outcome. In your mind, picture the balls dropping into the pocket and the cue ball drifting to the exact spot on the table where you intended.
9. Trust yourself. Make a decision and stick with it. There is no time for second guessing. Go with your gut. Do what you would do, not what you think anyone else wants you to do.
10. Remember to have fun! At the end of the day, you have to enjoy what you’re doing.
A self pep talk is anything you can do or say to keep yourself motivated. Find what works for you and use it.