Why You Need a Break Cue for Pool
Do you want to improve your pool game the easy way? If so, you need a break cue.
When it comes to improving your pool game, we typically give the boring recommendation to put the work in practicing and lock down your fundamental’s blah, blah, blah! However, we can honestly say that one of the easiest and most effective ways to win more pool games is by buying a break cue.
Break cues are specialized cue sticks that are designed to generate more power and control on the break shot. Using a breaker stick will give you a huge advantage over your opponents by helping you to consistently CRUSH racks, pocket more balls, and set yourself up to control the table.
Scroll Down to Continue Reading About:
The Benefits of Using a Break Cue
- Increased power: Break cues are typically stiffer than regular cues, which allows them to generate more power when you break. The thicker shafts and harder tips and designed to flex less when stroking with force resulting in greater energy transfer and higher cue ball speed.
- Increased control: Break cues often have a larger tip diameter than regular cues. The bigger, more forgiving, “sweet spot” of the tip combined with the specialized flex is extremely helpful for consistently crushing the rack full on for maximum energy transfer and positioning the cue ball for an easy follow-up shot.
- Increased durability: Break cues are built tough with stronger materials engineered to handle the max force of the break shot making them more durable and less likely to break or chip. This will save you money in the long run will give you piece of mind that you won’t cause damage your precious shooting cue mid-match.
If you are serious about pool, then you need a break cue! It is an essential piece of equipment that can help you to take your game to the next level.
Tips for Choosing a Break Cue:
- Consider your budget: Break cues can range in price from a just over a hundred dollars to darn near a thousand dollars for the most expensive. TheCarbon Fiber Break Cues are the best-of-the-best but you’ll need to decided if the extra investment is worth it to you. Any of the break cues, even the least expensive ones, will be a HUGE improvement over breaking with a standard pool cue.
- Consider your preferences and break style: The best break cue will be the one that’s attributes match best with your stroke and style. Should you go heavy or light? Is a leather tip or phenolic tip the way to go? Or, perhaps you want a three-piece Break/Jump cue for the extra jump shot capabilities. Check out this article to learn more about what really matters for Choosing the Right Break Cue.
- Do your research: Read reviews and compare different break cues before making a purchase. Everyone has their own opinions that can be valuable but ultimately it comes down to what works best for YOU. Don’t sweat it too bad though! When you buy from PoolDawg your satisfaction is guaranteed with our 60 no-hassle return policy that even includes used cues!
With a little research, you can find the perfect break cue to help you improve your pool game. THUNDEROUS, head-turning break shots are just a few clicks away!